With the warm weather upon us, cottage season has arrived; a time to relax and enjoy your surroundings. But that can prove to be difficult if we are not happy with our cottage’s exterior appearance.
Cottage Exterior Tips
- Clear the clutter: Let’s face it; our cottages tend to adopt the “things” we don’t need at our houses anymore. Clear those overstuffed drawers and closets! You will feel your space is cleaner already.
- Wash Your cottage windows: Cleaning them will make everything seem brighter and bigger! Also, you will be able to enjoy the view just a little more ;)
- Update the landscape: Clear your paths of weeds, prune and trim any bushes and plant flowers to add just a bit of color! Remember, a little will go a long way.
- Update the cottage exterior: If your cottage’s exterior has seen better days, it may be time to consider updating the siding. KWP Engineered wood siding is the perfect update, offering the traditional appeal of wood but with less maintenance. Looking to emphasize the character of your cottage? Why not try Hampton Shakes or Woodbury Staggered Shakes! They will bring just the right accent of rustic charm to your cottage.
- Choosing a siding color: Color should reflect your taste and the style of the cottage. Make sure to select 3, one as your main, second as your trim and third as the accent. Check out these color trends!
Tip: when choosing your colors, take note of the landscape. If you are in the woods, natural earth tones would be perfect in that setting. If the sun shines on your cottage, bright colors may be the perfect fit.
With these tips, you will now be able to actually use your cottage as a “getaway” and escape reality for a bit. Who doesn’t need that every once and a while?