Staying Connected, more important than ever.
During these unprecedented times, where our everyday normal is anything but, we have to find ways to stay in touch with customers in ways we haven’t before. Many industries are being hit hard by the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, with many employees working remotely and businesses having to adapt to service communities and customers that may be on lockdown.
The construction industry however is a sector that depends on on-site employees, with some areas still running full steam other regions will have to adapt. Here are a few things you can do to make sure your customers and employees stay engaged and connected:
Virtual education and training
- Provide your staff with product training virtually. This is a great way to keep employees knowledge on products and innovation current, when business resumes they will be ready.
- Send your customers tips and updates via videos. They will appreciate being in the loop and having a sense of normalcy.
- Revisit your company policies on health and safety, schedule a virtual meeting to go over these with staff.
- Find online courses, many are free, to sharpen your knowledge on trending building materials and even building codes. Check out our AEC online continuing education course here.
On-Line marketing, a must
- Look at investing in digital ads to further your company’s brand, with so many people working from home, increasing your presence is key to capture their attention.
- Be social, if you don’t have a presence on social media, now is the time. Create your Facebook page, Instagram account (many other platforms such as Pinterest, Houzz, etc..) engage with your customers, post pictures and updates.
- Audit your website, make sure all the information is current including pictures. Your on-line initiatives will drive traffic to your site, you want it to be the best reflection of your company.
Boost your network
- LinkedIn has become a great tool for networking, make sure you are on it. If you are, now is the time to verify that your profile is complete and up to date.
- Time to online prospect, build yourself a database of potential new customers. LinkedIn is often a platform that is overlooked for prospecting as are the local homebuilder chapters.
- Become familiar with the technology that is available in order to maintain contact with your customers such as Skype, GoToMeeting, Zoom and even FaceTime
Thankfully we have all these tools available to us in order to stay connected to employees and customers, maintaining relationships during this surreal time is key.